Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Flu

So I've officially got the flu, and I feel like complete crap! :(

My symptoms include headache, stiff/soar/aching muscles, fever, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. I'm hoping it doesn't last too long, because I need to get back to my work outs so I can post them for you all to read, and learn from!!

If you're feeling flu-ish, here are some home remedies I've come across to help ease the symptoms.
  1. Tylenol (Acetaminophen) every 4 hours to reduce pain and fever.
  2. Take lots of Vitamin C to boost immune system - 2,000 mg per day (Don't worry, you cant OD on Vit-C).
  3. Drink lots of fluids. (Water & OJ)
  4. Make green tea with: grated ginger & honey.
  5. Take garlic capsules to decrease the growth of the virus.
  6. Heating pad, or 'magic bag' to release abdominal pain and nausea.

My pill arsenal:
  • 2x brown pills: Garlic capsules, 500mg each.
  • 2x white pills: Vitamin C, 1,000mg each.
  • 2x yellow pills: Multi-Vitamin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Via: TakePart.com