Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Quick & Easy Breakfast

What do you consider a quick an easy breakfast? Is it a meal you can prepare in less than five minutes? Or a meal you can eat on the go? Or perhaps it's no breakfast at all...Which we all know is bad! You're mother is right - Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! 

My recommendation for a healthy, filling breakfast, especially for those on the go, is the easiest to prepare. OATMEAL! Oatmeal has come a long way since the days your Mom used to prepare it on the stove top. That bland grey sludge is a thing of the past. Like your mother making your breakfast, and packing you a brown bag lunch every day. 

Instant Oatmeal is my go-to morning meal when I am pressed for time, but I want something filling and healthy that will hold me over until lunch. Oatmeal is the Cadillac of breakfast foods. It's loaded with FIBER, VITAMINS & MINERALS. It helps lower cholesterol, and blood pressure, heart disease, and is recognized by many Food & Drug organizations as a heart healthy food. 
It also keeps you feeling fuller for longer so you don't overeat at your next meal. Oatmeal also makes a great afternoon snack!

So skip that Tim Horton's, McDonald's or Starbucks breakfast sandwich...warm up a bowl in your microwave (seriously it takes 60 seconds), or stash a box of instant oatmeal at your desk at work. Quaker Oats has a great selection of flavours, and options with added protein, high fiber, and low sugar.

2 comments:

  1. you have a great blog, i'm very interesting to stop and read your articles. Keep blog writing my friends.

    Dont forget to visit back my blog ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you like it.
    I will definitely visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Via: TakePart.com