Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spinning

For those of you who want a new challenge, or are feeling the plateau of weight loss or cardiovascular training, I fully recommend spinning classes. You can take them at most gyms, or at spinning studios which are located all over the city.
Spinning class incorporates high intensity cardiovascular training, fast pace movement, and (usually) really great dance/house music to keep you moving. I good teacher can make you loose up to 2 pounds of fat per class! No joke!
I used to go to Linda's class at St. Clair GoodLife Fitness Club, and she is amazing!!! Check out the schedule for days and times. I now go to other clubs closer to my place, because St. Clair is too far away for me.

A little inspirational story here to get you motivated (just in case you need it). One of my dear friends that lives in the US took on regular spinning classes as his outlet to get fit, have fun, loose weight, and enjoy his life again. He lost 70 pounds!! That's two small children, gone off his 6'ft frame, and he has never looked better! He spins 5-6 times a week, which is a lot of spinning classes, maybe a few more than the average person has time for. But if you are looking to loose 10 pounds, then 2-3 classes a week will suffice.

I am so proud of him and I hope that he keeps up his new found healthy and active lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Via: TakePart.com