Monday, December 13, 2010

Holiday Eating Tips

#1 Portion Control! - Don't over eat. Don't over drink. You'll be tempted, all the time...But just think of how you'll feel after. Guilty? Bloated? Fat? All of the above? Trust me, I know from experience. I'm planning to lose 5 pounds over the Christmas Holiday's. Do it with me!!! I'll post each day from the 24 of December, until the 4th of January all my diet and exercise I take in. Comment along with your daily habits, and lets loose five pounds together! I want to come back to work in the New Year a fully energized and healthy person. Not rolling into it bloated and 10 pounds heavier.

#2 Frequent Smaller Meals! - This is key to keeping that "furnace" we call your metabolism burning hot! Instead of three large meals. Break it up into 5-6 smaller meals. Have a small Holiday dinner, and then a second two hours later. Graze!

#3 Choose the Right Foods! - Choose the fruit & cheese plate over the deserts platter. Try the olive & tapas plate over the deep fried finger foods. Load up on Turkey, Ham, Green Beans, and Sweet Potatoes instead of Stuffing, Bread and White Mashed Potatoes. BUT if you must dive into the buttery white carbs, just remember Tip #1! Avoid large amounts of empty carbs. A little carbs is fine, but it shouldn't be your entire meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Via: TakePart.com