Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Morning Blues

Are you feeling the Monday morning blues? I feel them every damn week! I know I should be regenerated from the weekend, and ready to go for another week, but in all honesty, I'm more tired on Monday than I am any other day of the week. My week really doesn't get started until Tuesday. Although, with that being said, there are some things that I have found that help with kick starting my week a day early, and getting back on the wagon after a busy weekend.

1) Grapefruitt. Eat a grapefruit first thing in the morning. The citrus scent, and vitamin C will give you a boost!

2) Go to bed early Sunday night. Staying up late to watch movies, or going out on Sunday will definitely make you sluggish come Monday morning.

3) Coffee. Drink the biggest coffee you can find! But limit it to just that one for the day. Caffeine has been proven to wake you up, and get you going. but if you consume more than one serving per day, it can have the opposite effect, and make you tired.

4) Walk to work. Or if you have time in the morning, fit in 20-30 minutes of moderate cardio to get your juices flowing.

5) Get flowers for your desk. Having fresh cut colourful flowers at your desk (or at home) actually triggers endorphin release in your body, and puts you in a "feel-good" mood. It's a visual perception thing, don't ask me how it works.

6) Eat a light lunch. If you have eat something too heavy at lunch time, it will make you feel tired and slow the rest of the day. This goes for every day of the week actually, but especially on Monday's. Avoid white rice (which will spike your insulin levels, and make you crash), pasta, too much bread, and/or fried foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Via: TakePart.com