Monday, September 19, 2011

Are You a Starbucks Junkie?

Are you a Starbucks Junkie? I sure am! I think it's safe to say the 90% of any North American urban population is. It's so hard to resist their smooth velvety lattes, and ever so decadent sweet treats. Plus, they're literally on every street corner you go!

I just read this interesting article in Metro today about some of their pastries. So I thought I'd pass along the tips to you!
"The British scone has always been thought of as a small biscuit-like cake that's not too sweet and presumably healthier. Wrong! The butter croissant is actually healthier!"
 What's this you say? Can it be true! Indeed it is.

The Starbucks PUMPKIN SCONE has; 480 calories, 78 grams of fat, and a whopping 43 grams of sugar!!!
Crazy, I know right?! This is the equivalent to 15 pieces of biscotti in carbs!
The Starbucks BUTTER CROISSANTS have;  310 calories, 32 grams of carbs, and only 4 grams of sugar.

So next time you're at Starbucks and you want to indulge, ask for the butter croissants, instead of the scone. You're waistline will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Via: TakePart.com